A Look At PropThink’s Top Stories This Week
- Between Keryx and its Japanese partner JT Torii, four clinical trials for lead candidate Zerenex are set to report data over the coming months. The market for a comprehensive CKD treatment supports a much higher valuation for KERX, and by the end of the week, the stock had gained 18%. But, we see more upside with forthcoming results.
- The comparisons between Vivus and Arena run rampant, but placing the two side by side may not offer the most effective analysis, says Ivan Deryugin. He dissected Arena’s third quarter financials and outlined the road forward for its weight-loss medicine Belviq. Both VVUS and ARNA rallied mid-week when Aetna updated its weight reduction policy, good news for both drugs.
- Without NCE designation for Amarin’s Vascepa, shares of the drug maker remain volatile. The stock rallied, however, in the second half of the week when the maker of a similar drug was acquired at a 3x sales multiple. Rumors of an Amarin buyout still circulate.
- Palifosfamide’s data release was delayed recently, but the delay may in fact be a positive for Ziopharm’s stock. And, you can read more even details in PropThink’s original report.
- With prior evidence of tavabarole’s safety and efficacy, Phase 3 data in less than two months, and a solid cash position, Anacor Pharmaceuticals could be an attractive investment.
- The FDA will decide whether or not to approve Navidea Biopharmaceuticals’ Lymphoseek by April 30, giving run-up traders a concrete timeline around which to formulate a trading strategy; shares should begin to move north in the interim.
- MDT rallied this week with its latest earnings report, while rival STJ tumbled on poor news for one of its lead products. PropThink began covering both in the last few months, noting ongoing detriments to St. Jude’s product line, and a Long/Short pair trade could have returned 10% and 25% respectively.
Additional disclosure: PropThink is a team of editors, analysts, and writers. Use of PropThink's research is at your own risk. You should do your own research and due diligence before making any investment decision with respect to securities covered herein.You should assume that as of the publication date of any report or letter, PropThink, LLC and persons or entities with whom it has relation ships (collectively referred to as "PropThink") has a position in all stocks (and/or options of the stock) covered herein that is consistent with the position set forth in our research report. Following publication of any report or letter, PropThink intends to continue transacting in the securities covered herein, and we may be long, short, or neutral at any time hereafter regardless of our initial recommendation. To the best of our knowledge and belief, all information contained herein is accurate and reliable, and has been obtained from public sources we believe to be accurate and reliable, and not from company insiders or persons who have a relationship with company insiders. Our full disclaimer is available at this link.